Yesterday was a day at sea. Alas we did not get up at sparrows fart so did not get a sunbed. But it was cloudy anyway and what sun we did have hit out balcony so we spent some of the day reading on it. I finished my 3rd book of the cruise and I’m currently on my 4th. This was the second formal evening so we decided to book a table at the Sterling Steakhouse. At 7pm we went to the captains circle thing which is basically the screw trying to whoop whoop at you for spending too much money with them. They gave out a prize to the top 3 cruisers on board, the couple that one have done about 530 days at sea. The mind boggles. After this was a few drinks and then to our reserved table. Oh. My. Fecking. God. It was awesome. And I mean awesome. With a capital A. So Awesome. We enjoyed the meal very much is what I’m trying to convey here. I hope you got it. 10oz Fillet Mignon cooked to perfection. I’m drooling typing this.
This morning we awoke to the ship navigating around lots of other ships to moor up at Gibbers. Once docked we did the ‘Best of Gibraltar’ tour. This took 90 minutes give or take. You might think then that there is nothing much here but there is actually quite a lot we did not see. Perhaps next time. We saw apes, lots of them, some of them reminded me of people back home. On people, cars, railings, benches, everywhere. And ickle baby ones being clutched by their mothers, so cute. That’s the impression I got from Shell anyway.
We jumped off the happy bus in the town centre and had a mooch. They have it all here. Morrisons, Pizza Hut, Next, Burger King. What more could you ask for? We walked back to the ship at a leisurely stroll ensuring we did not get run over. It’s very deceptive, all the signs and crossings are British, little green man and so on, but they drive on the wrong side, so the brain can’t quite grasp it.
Once back we had some dinner and found a couple of loungers in the conservatory to have a drink and chill. Then it was the Great British Sail away. Which is basically everyone in the middle of the boat gets a British flag, they play various ‘British themed’ songs and everyone awkardly joins in the sing songs. Needless to say we just walked though. Took lots of photos of Africa on the way and from the balcony. And this one earlier:
No comments:
Post a Comment